Our ideal customer is an individual who expects to work with a talented crew, and who believes in maintenance-free construction—doing something “once” rather than building a deck in treated lumber that just won’t last in Winnipeg’s environment. Not only are the techniques we bring to any deck building project superior, but the composite decking materials we recommend are also products we stand behind (and stand ON).
So, if you’re serious about investing in your home, having your deck built to last a lifetime, designed to fit your backyard and your lifestyle—talk to us today. You’ll have an awesome deck in before you know it!
What are you deck building goals? We want to know!
This customer came to a deck consultation appointment at our showroom in Winnipeg. But, before we proposed a deck, we needed to know what made the customer tick. Tell us your three wishes, we said—after all, you’re talking to a deck building genie! Here are just some of the (more than three!) things our customer wished for:
A SPACE ON THE DECK THAT’S PERFECT FOR LOUNGING, WITH AN OPTION FOR RAIN OR SUN PROTECTION
Our plan featuring a sunken level off the main seating area. The space is built for lounging is sublime and complete with comfortable outdoor furniture. For shelter, we created a custom pergola with a slatted roof. Want a little sunshine to peek through? Angle the slats open! Need shelter from the rain or sun? Close them tight!
We also strategically placed additional outdoor heaters for warmth. This helps extend the deck’s season further into the spring and fall.
Trust and communication throughout the deck building process
Though the client was confident in our past work, there was some hesitation. They came to us in the first place after having a bad experience with past contractors. They’d seen our commercial on tv, and once they started asked around, they quickly found out our reputation precedes us—everyone they talked to had nothing by positive experiences to share. We love talking to our customers at the start of a project as we design their deck, throughout the building of their deck, and after the work is complete at our final walkthrough.
Overcome soil and stability challenges
This project came with a challenge: getting the building permit. The property is along a riverbank, so we needed to ensure stability. But we’re a team of experts working for you—a “deck builder”, sure, but also a solutions company. We know all aspects of the construction industry, and when we need specialized help, we can call on a massive network of other professionals we’ve worked with before. For this customer, we contacted a geotechnical engineer to visit the job site. After testing the soil, we were able to get the municipality to issue the required permits.
Our deck builder team doing what they do best – build sexy decks!
With the permits in place, the deck design finalized, and the client eager to start enjoying summer—it was green light time, and we got to work!
- Two distinct deck zones; one area for relaxation and socializing, the other for preparing and eating backyard BBQ
- Custom design-build pergola to shelter our customer from rain or sun featuring a remote-operated louver roof
- S.T.A.R. Aluminum Railing System with topless glass railing around the perimeter, ensuring the family’s safety. The sleek deck railing installation you see here is in Santex black
- Our patented outdoor lighting solutions—in-stair lighting on both staircases and the pergola—so, you’ll always be able to see even at night
- Wolf PVC decking is the best composite decking material on the market. Don’t use anything else for your deck until you talk to us about Wolf! Tons of colours will give your deck the visual interest you desire. For this project we chose teakwood for the main decking, and rosewood for the borders and accents