Awnings block the sun’s heat before it enters your house, cooling your home better than blinds or drapes. They reduce energy costs of air conditioning up to 25%, awnings save you money and reduce your homes carbon footprint.
Awnings protect you and your family from up to 98% of the sun’s harmful UV rays, by providing shade. Reducing direct sunlight with an awning decreases the temperature on your deck or patio by up to 20°F, enhancing your outdoor enjoyment. 100% acrylic awning fabrics are water repellent, mildew resistant, easy to care for and stay bright and beautiful for over 10 years. A retractable awning expands your seasonal living space and adds value to your house without a costly inconvenient renovation.
Color and pattern options for MacDonald Awnings can be found on the Sunbrella Fabrics for Shade – there are many different choices, you’ll be sure to find something that matches the needs for you outside paradise!
Did you know…
- The wall and top-fix mounting brackets are heavy-duty, cast with powder-coated finish.
- The square steel support bar, 1 5/8″ x 1 5/8″ x 0.08″, is galvenized and finished with a powder-coating.
- The front profile is specially designed to provide strength and good looks and is finished with a powder-coating.
- The roller tube is galvanized steel with 3? diameter and rope track.
- The roller support brackets are fully cast, providing strong and attractive side detail.
- The high quality ‘Geigar’ gearbox units, available in both 3:1 and 7:1 ratios, are powder coated and designed as an integral part of the support bracket.
- The folding arms are constructed of heavy-wall aluminum profiles and high-quality castings. Arms are either double- or triple-sprung with chain for extra strength, durability and longevity.
- The patented cast-arm brackets provide both wind security and tilt mechanisms for safety and ease of pitch adjustment.
- The heavy-duty cast front profile brackets, housing stainless steel swivel pins, are used to prevent lateral loading on the arm.
- The 7′ wide one-piece hoodcover has a slide-in rubber deal and drain-spout to prevent water from spilling onto the rolled fabric.
- We use stainless steel components wherever technically possible.
- All Voss awnings pass the stringent ‘TUV’ safety standard testing.
- The Voss system includes the only two arm awning with a 13′ projection x 21′ width that passes the ‘TUV’ testing.
- Voss arm units are recognized for their high-quality, providing sales in excess of 80,000 sets per year.