The multi-family building is set on a prime piece of riverbank real estate. If you love city living, there may be no a better spot to call home. Most of Winnipeg’s best attractions are within walking distance. The land surrounding the building is beautifully landscaped, and the neighbourhood features parks, river walkways, and everyday amenities. Where this building shines, though, is the views. If you ever get the chance to take a tour or own a suite for yourself, you’ll quickly know what we’re talking about.
300 Assiniboine puts our craftsmanship, performance, and style on display
As the contractors and suppliers of balcony railings for 300 Assiniboine, we knew that our product and craftsmanship would be put to the test. Anytime you’re working off the ground, the difficulty rises too. But we have the experience, the knowledge, and the team experience required to execute a job like this. Some of the principles we followed, built into our core service offering to ensure success are:
- Craftsmanship—at a soaring 25 storeys the aluminum railing system needs to be strong, secure, and safe—all trademarks of the S.T.A.R. Aluminum Railing System product line
- Performance—we only recommend, manufacture, or supply low-maintenance products that meet our rigid and elevated standards
- Style—the towering building can be seen from a distance, and for anyone up close or living at the residence, we wanted the balcony to be stylish, sleek, and as appealing as the rest of the building’s design
Extending the epic view with glass railing installation
Finally, we needed to emphasize the views you paid for when you chose to live at 300 Assiniboine. The epic, sprawling landscape of the city below is really best enjoyed from a balcony. We installed high-strength aluminum railing that features a stylish glass railing insert. The glass below the top railing gives the best view of what we can only describe as breathtaking. If you ever get a chance to see your city from the sky, make sure you do!
How we pulled off the balcony railing installation
The technical bits:
- All railing on the balconies use the S.T.A.R. classic series railing system—welded components in T6 grade aluminum. The aluminum when welded makes for a stronger railing
- Meeting the architect’s specification, each balcony featured a unique angle, requiring us to create a custom-angled post
- The glass railing insert is 6mm clear tempered glass
- Anchors used to install the railing system are Hilti stainless-steel expansion anchors measuring 3/8” x 3 ¾”
- Each post is secured with four anchors, and a continuous top railing tying all the posts together gives the structure the strength of a woven truss