Start with sound deck structure and foundation
With a plan in hand, our “special ops field division” of Decknologists went to work. One of the biggest changes faced, was around the grade of the yard – and how it didn’t enable us to build a deck with any substantial height. To start fresh, the entire back yard of the property was excavated 10” and then, re-sloped with gravel. Foundation and underlying structure strength and supportiveness are keys to solid deck building.
Party favours that are sure to become favourites
Our customer’s love to entertain… and with the finished space, their friends love coming over. We left nothing out. Need a place to change after you’ve cannonball into the pool? The pool deck offers a change room. Looking to heat things up without the hardships? We design-built a hot tub platform from composite decking materials. Need a maintenance day? We make that easy with a hidden pump room.
After a swim, our customer serves up drinks that are sure to delight at their custom-built bar. Their guests can gather in the shade on those hot days or spend time under the stars – all beneath an aluminum pergola. Finally, they can relax on maintenance-free seating that surrounds a cozy outdoor fireplace.
Set the mood – with outdoor LED lighting, naturally 😉
The pièce de résistance is how we lit the place! We put nearly the entire in-lite outdoor LED lighting catalogue to work. Our efforts start out front, using a series of bollard lights to brighten the driveway and landscaped paths that lead to the backyard. Throughout the trail, we include landscape spotlights to show off key parts of the garden.
Once in the backyard, we use a combination of scope ceiling lights, ground lights, and wall light to bring it to life. We connected a series of wall lights along the top of the privacy fence on the pool side. More wall lights and strategically placed ground lights shine around the hot tub space. To finish it off, we tricked out the pergola beams and pillars with their own set of wall and ceiling lighting – creating a perfect balance of ambiance in contrast to the flickering fireplace flames.
We’ll check all the boxes you’re looking for in a deck builder
We flex features other deck builders can’t even begin to imagine:
- The project involved many different facets of trades to fully transform this client’s outdoor space in the front and back
- Our planning and deck design acumen is a significant reason this deck building project was a success
- We installed strategically placed in-lite outdoor LED lighting to ensure the mood is always right
- Sourcing and installation of a custom aluminum pergola, as they are all the rage!
- Centering the design around an outdoor fireplace extends an intimate and cozy vibe into the wee hours of the night
- The custom-tiled bar by Ed Lowen Masonry and Tile and Italstone gets the party started, every time
The result is something we’re very proud to have been a part of. While it’s easy to fall in love, we know our client’s honeymoon phase with their deck and outdoor living space will live on for a long time.