Building the deck with three distinct zones
Because our clients wanted to get the most and more from their backyard, we knew there would need to be a certain level of organization to the project. Our deck project would see the following areas built with subtle separation – while still all remaining part of the same structure:
Part one: the grilling and dining area of the deck build
In our opinion, this is vital to any backyard paradise and acts similar to how the kitchen is the heart of the home, the grilling and dining space is where people gather naturally.
Part two: relax, soak, let loose – it’s where the fun happens!
The next part of the deck build is where our client can catch some rays. Alternatively, if they want to soak, their hot tub is just a couple meters away. This area is entirely encased in elegant privacy glass so you can sunbathe or soak in peace.
Part three: bonus space with a deck build off the master suite
Sitting directly above the dining area and overlooking their kingdom, this bonus space is accessed directly from the master bedroom. We might add it’s the perfect space for a morning coffee or evening nightcap – whatever suits your fancy.
No deck build comes without challenges – and this project was no exception
For the upper deck to function directly above the dining area, we needed to find a design solution to building a large upper deck, with no post in the middle for support. We worked closely with our engineering partner to create a viable and safe solution.
Next up was testing our belief in building decks that are also easily maintained. Anytime you have a hot tub – it’s going to require routine maintenance. But, at Windeck, we built our client’s deck with the hot tub maintenance in mind. We created accessible hot tub pumps via hydraulic hatches.
Who says we don’t have style?! We pushed the design of this deck out of the park with built-in deck inlays and matching glass artwork. All this beauty can be seen from the top perch of the upper deck.
Outdoor living features included in this deck build
- Three distinct deck zones for maximum enjoyment
- Over 60 LED lights were installed so the deck is completely lit up at night
- Four exterior grade infrared heaters underneath the upper deck, with a fan in the middle to circulate heat
- Three remote-controlled dropdown Durascreens and one dropdown vinyl screen to block the southern sun when it’s not wanted
- Waterproof Duradek second-floor upper deck, to keep the main floor dry
- Surround sound hard-wired into soffit with blue tooth compatibility to get the party started
- Intricate matching glass and deck art
- Privacy and wind panel with frosted glass railing
- The upper deck features aluminum railing with topless glass inserts for the best view possible